- single pie crust, purchased or your favorite recipe (vegan pie crust)
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft (vegan margarine such as Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll dough into a 12 inch square.
- Spread with butter.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Beginning with one side, tightly roll up the dough and place in a baking dish, seam side down.
- Combine water and 2/3 cup sugar in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the vinegar, and check the taste, your looking for a pleasant balance of sweet and sour, adjust as needed.
- Pour the liquid into the pan with the dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 50 minutes, occasionally brushing the top of the pastry with the liquid.
- Cool a bit before serving.