Zippy Orzo Summer Salad
For the salad:
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1-2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded or cut into small pieces
- 1-2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- 1-2 cups fresh sweet corn (3-4 ears), cut off the cob
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Crumbled goat cheese (optional)
For the dressing:
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- a small bundle of fresh dill, minced
- a small bunch of green onions, sliced
- salt and pepp
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and the corn; saute until the corn is bright yellow and tender.
- Toss all ingredients together, including dill, green onions, and olive oil, lemon juice, goat cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot or cold. YUMMYYYYYY.