Almond joy no bake energy bites
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 serving vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey
- 1-2 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment, wax or freezer paper.
- Pulse the oats 3-5 times in a blender to break them up. However, don’t turn them to powder.
- Combine the oats, protein powder, almond butter, 2 Tablespoons honey, coconut oil, coconut and chocolate chips in a medium size bowl. Mix until combined. Taste and add an extra Tablespoon of coconut oil or honey if needed.
- Using a small cookie scoop (a little less than a Tablespoon), scoop balls and place them onto the baking sheet. Once they’re all on the pan, flash freeze them by placing the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes, or until hard. Then transfer to a zip top bag or container. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.