BAKED S’MORES DONUTS
For the donuts
- Cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (the size of one 5.3oz container)
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
For the marshmallow glaze
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 graham cracker sheets, crumbled
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, milk, Greek yogurt, butter, and vanilla extract. Add in baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda and whisk to combine. With a spoon, gradually add in flour and mix just until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour batter into a gallon size zip top bag. Cut off one corner of bag and begin piping dough into greased donut pan, filling each mold about ¾ full. Place the donuts in the oven and allow to bake 10 minutes, or until the edges are becoming golden brown.
- Remove the donuts from the pan and place them on a wire rack to cool. (TIP: Put a piece of parchment paper under the rack, this will be useful later on!) Grease the donut pan again, and continue to bake the next batch.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare the glaze. In a small to medium sized pot on medium low heat, whisk together the water, butter, vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar until the butter has melted and the mixture is incorporated. Add in marshmallows and continue whisking until marshmallows are fully melted. Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool 5-10 minutes (it’s better for the donuts if the icing isn’t super hot when it is poured on).
- Once the donuts and icing are cool, dip the top of the donuts one by one into the icing. Place dipped donuts on the wire rack. Sprinkle donuts with graham cracker crumbs and mini chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
These donuts are best eaten the day of. If storing throughout the day or overnight, store in an airtight container. Otherwise, do not frost any donuts that will be uneaten immediately and place them in an airtight bag in the freezer until you want to use them.