Black Bean and Avocado Wraps
- For the beans
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning or 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/4 tsp salt
- For the avocado salsa
- 1 avocado pitted and chopped
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 medium tortillas
- 1/4 cup sour cream or mayo or skinny chipotle sauce
Heat oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. Add the onion, bell peppers and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion is lightly golden. Add the beans and taco seasoning. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes before assembling.
In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
To assemble, Lay a tortilla on a flat surface. Spread with a teaspoon of sour cream or mayo. Top with a few tablespoons of the black bean mixture and a few tablespoons of the avocado mixture.