CANDIED PECAN PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare the pecans. Preheat the oven to 350F. Toss pecans with melted butter. Sprinkle pecans with brown sugar and cinnamon, tossing until all pecans are coated. Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the pecans cook, prepare the muffins. Whisk sugar, pumpkin puree, water, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract until fully incorporated. In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Slowly incorporate the dry mixture into the wet mixture, whisking gently just until mixture is combined. Add in reserved nuts and gently stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a lined muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 way. Place in the preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tray 5 minutes. Store in an air-tight container.