CHEDDAR GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE ONION RINGS
CHEDDAR GREEN BEAN
CASSEROLE ONION RINGS
- Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 (12 ounce) bag trimmed fresh green beans, cut into thirds
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup French’s Fried Onions
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Chives, chopped, to top
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, stir together the green beans, cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, and fried onions. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the onion slices in a single layer on top. Spoon the green bean mixture in the center of each onion ring, making sure to fill each ring fully. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until the filing is solid.
- Pour the flour, eggs, and panko breadcrumbs into three separate shallow bowls. Beat the eggs. One onion ring at a time, coat in flour, egg, and then panko to fully cover. Set aside and repeat until all of the onion rings are breaded.
- Heat two inches of oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot to to 375°F. Deep fry the rings, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides, flipping once half-way through. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Top with chives and serve with dipping sauce.