- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or spray
- 8 bun length hot dogs
- 2 cups Chili Click for our fave recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican Blend Cheese divided
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantrooptional
- ketchup and mustard to taste
Preheat oven to 375
Place olive oil in a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
Place hot dog buns, inside side down, on skillet just long enough to toast the buns.
Place hot dog buns on a baking sheet with high sides or casserole dish. Sprinkle onions, cilantro, and desired amount of ketchup and mustard into each bun. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
Place a hot dog into each bun.
Top the hot dogs and buns generously with chili and then top with the remaining 2 cups cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
To make them even toastier, you can remove foil and broil for another 3-4 minutes, being careful not to burn the buns.
Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before serving.