Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts or white almond bark
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add the orange zest, vanilla and orange extract, and mix until combined. Add the flour and salt, and mix to form a thick dough.
- Shape the dough into a log that is approximately 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in parchment or plastic wrap, and freeze thirty minutes.
- Near the end of the chilling time, preheat the oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone. Slice the cookie dough into 1/4 inch slices, and place 1/4 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until light golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- After the cookies have cooled, melt the candy melts according to the package directions. Dip each cookie into the candy melts and place on a parchment lined baking sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container.