Creamy Corn & Pea Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces Rotini or other small pasta
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1 cup sweet peas I used Libby’s Sweet Peas Pouch
- 1 cup corn kernels I used Libby’s Sweet Corn Pouch
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced green or red onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley optional
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons white wine or plain vinegar optional
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or sugar
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente, drain.
Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until evenly brown. Drain and chop.
Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
Place the pasta, bacon, peas, corn, bell pepper, onion and cilantro in a large bowl. Top with the dressing and gently mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir again just before serving. Enjoy!