CRISPY SALAMI CHIPS WITH WARM MUFFULETTA DIP
FOR THE SALAMI CHIPS:
- 6 oz genoa salami (about 32 slices)
FOR THE MUFFULETTA DIP:
- 12 oz giardiniera, chopped
- 2 oz kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 oz green olives with pimiento, chopped
- 3 oz provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 oz parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- Parsley, chopped, to top
- Arrange oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lay the salami slices in a single layer on the baking sheets. Bake with one sheet on top and one below, for about 20 minutes or until crispy, switching positions halfway through. Transfer the salami chips to a rack to further crisp and cool.
- While the chips cool, increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the giardiniera, olives, provolone, capers, garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and half of the parmesan cheese in a large bowl, mixing until well-combined. Spray an oven safe baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread the dip evenly into the baking dish and top with the remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Top the dip with chopped parsley and serve with salami chips