CROCK POT WHITE BEAN CHICKEN CHILI
Prep Time : 30mins / Cook Time : 7 mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 (4.5) oz cans diced green chiles
- 15 oz can white corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 15.5 oz cans white beans (I used Cannellini and Small White beans)
- 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Lime, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- White cheese, for serving
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them at the bottom of the crock pot. Add in the chili powder, cumin, onion, garlic, oregano, coriander, cayenne pepper, green chiles, white corn, white beans, and chicken broth. Stir to combine, cover, and heat on “low’ for 6-8 hours, or until chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- An hour before serving, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the butter melts, whisk in the flour. Whisk constantly, until the flour and butter brown lightly and thicken. Then, slowly whisk in the milk. Add in the chicken bouillon, and continue to whisk as the sauce cooks and thickens and the bouillon cube breaks down, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and mix in the white pepper and salt. Pour into the chicken chili.
- Add the sour cream to the chicken chili and stir well to combine. If the chicken hasn’t shredded as you stirred, remove the chicken from the chili and shred with forks before returning to the chili. Cook for an additional hour.
- Serve with lime, avocado, cilantro, and shredded white cheese.