Easy Baked Kofta Patties with Tahini Sauce
- 1 lb ground lamb or beef turkey can also be used, I used lamb
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated onion or finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Tahini sauce for topping optional
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
<span></span>In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the tahini sauce) with your hands or a wooden spoon, until well blended. Form the mixture into 24 small bowls; I like to use an ice-cream scoop to get the exact sizes. Place kofta balls 1 inch apart on an un-greased sheet pan and press to flatten; squeeze as many as you can on the pan because they will shrink as they bake.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the center is done. Place under the broiler for 2 minutes or until lightly charred. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and tahini sauce, in pitas or as a salad. Enjoy!