EASY MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP RECIPE
- 1 Lebanese Rice recipe (or make rice according to package), optional
- 1 1/4 lb large shrimp (or prawns), peeled and deveined (if frozen, be sure to thaw first)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots (about 3 1/2 ounces), thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper and 1/2 yellow bell pepper (about 6 ounces in total), sliced
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley leaves
- First, make Lebanese rice according this recipe. Leave covered and undisturbed until ready to serve. Alternatively, you can make brown or white rice according to store-bought package. (Optional)
- Pat shrimp dry and place it in a large bowl. Add flour, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, coriander, cayenne, and sugar. Toss until shrimp is well-coated.
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly, until fragrant. Add bell peppers. Cook another 4 minutes or so, tossing occasionally.
- Now add the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the diced tomatoes, broth, white wine and lemon juice. Cook for 5-6 minutes until shrimp turns bright orange. Finally, stir in chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately with cooked rice.