- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 tbs diced green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Olive oil (to grease pan or grill if desired)
- 4-6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4-6 hamburger buns
- To top: guacamole, fresh tomato salsa, lettuce
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, mix together ground beef, chilies, and cheese until well combined (using your hands works best). Divide meat into 4 to 6 mounds and flatten each mound with your hands to create a patty. Grease grill or grill pan with olive oil and cook burgers to desired doneness.
- Add a piece of pepper jack cheese to each burger and allow cheese to melt on the burger by closing grill or by placing a lid over the grill pan (the steam helps the cheese melt quickly).
- Place each burger on a bun and top with a lettuce leaf, guacamole, and fresh tomato salsa.