- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, optional
- 8 jalapeños, stemmed, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent dough
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Pretzel salt, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and garlic powder (if using).
- Fill the jalapeño halves with the cheese mixture and place each half on a section of crescent dough. Wrap the jalapenos fully in the crescent dough and set aside.
- Bring the 10 cups of water and the baking soda to a gentle boil in an 8 quart saucepan. Place the pretzels into the boiling water, a few at a time, for 30-40 seconds. Remove them from the water using a slotted spoon. Place the popper pretzels on the lined baking sheet and brush the top of each pretzel with the beaten egg. Sprinkle with the pretzel salt as desired.
- Bake the pretzels until dark golden brown in color, about 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving