kimchi fried rice
- a swish of oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- a spoonful of fresh crushed ginger
- 2-3 cups leftover cooked rice or cauliflower rice
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup kimchi (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (more to taste)
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons chili paste or sriracha for topping
- sesame oil and/or sesame seeds for topping
- An alternate way to do the eggs would be to fry them individually and top each serving with a fried egg! This is preferable, in my opinion, but doesn’t always keep well for leftovers.
- If you use cauliflower rice, add that just before the eggs. Cauliflower rice really only needs 2-3 minutes in the pan whereas everything else probably takes 5-8 minutes.
- I normally just use olive oil. A neutral tasting oil would work, too. Sesame oil has a low smoke point so it usually isn’t recommended as an oil for stir-fries (just for adding flavor at the end).