LOADED NACHO BOMBS
Prep Time : 45 mins / Cook Time : 18 mins
- 1 pound (453 grams) ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces, 453 grams) refried beans
- 1/2 cup (150 grams) pico de gallo, plus more to top
- 1 1/4 cup (190 grams) cornmeal, divided
- 1 (1.25 ounce, 35 gram) packet taco seasoning mix
- 4 ounces cheese (velveeta or cheddar), cubed
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream, to top
- 1/4 cup cilantro, to top
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, refried beans, pico de gallo, 1/2 cup of the cornmeal, and the taco seasoning. Mix well.
- Form the meat and bean mixture into small balls and then press the center with a finger to indent. Place a cheese cube in each indent and roll the meat mixture around the cheese cube, making sure to cover it fully to prevent any cheese from oozing out during the baking stage.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Place the remaining cornmeal in a small bowl. Place the crushed tortilla chips in another bowl, and place the egg in a third bowl. Beat the egg with a tablespoon of water.
- Dip each ball in the cornmeal, then the egg, and then the crushed tortilla chips, to coat. Once coated, line the Loaded Nacho Bombs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Top each meatball with a small dollop of sour cream, pico de gallo, and cilantro. Serve warm.