Lime Mango Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup diced Keitt Mango
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Hatch Chile Powder (Hot) or cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
Mango Jicama Slaw:
- 2 cups diced Keitt Mangos
- 1/2 green cabbage sliced thin (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 Jicama, peeled and grated (about 3 cups)
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a blender or food processor, mix until smooth: mango, lime, lime zest, orange juice, honey, ginger, olive oil, salt, pepper, and hot hatch chile powder (or substitute cayenne).
- Keep in a small mason jar in the fridge for up to a week.
- Chop 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, stir into dressing. (If you blend in the cilantro, it turns the dressing green, and not orange!)
mango jicama slaw:
- Peel and grate 1/4 of a jicama. Grate in a Cuisinart or a box grater.
- Use a mango cutter, and dice mango into small diced cubes.
- Slice or grate 1/2 green cabbage. Grate in a a Cuisinart, box grater.
- In a large bowl, toss green cabbage, jicama, and mango.
- Pour dressing, and garnish with chopped cilantro.
1 extra-large Keitt Mango (2 lbs) yields 2 cups diced mango.
1 regular size mango yields about 1¼ cups diced.
Dressing will keep in the fridge for about a week.
Shake well before pouring.