PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat together brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and mix until combined. Set aside. This is your wet mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Turn the mixer on low and gradually incorporate flour mixture into the wet mixture. Mix just until combined. Add in chocolate chips and stir just until the chocolate chips are evenly sprinkled throughout the batter.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way with batter. Place muffins in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, reduce heat to 375F and bake for another 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Once done baking, remove the muffins from the muffin tin to cool. Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container.