PORK CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY
- 8 thin sliced, boneless pork chops
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ lb fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (I like baby bellas)
- 1 (10.5oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Bring a large skillet to medium heat. Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of pork chops with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Place butter in the skillet and allow to melt. Once melted, lay pork chops in the bottom of the pan in a single layer. Cook each pork chop until browned on each side.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the skillet. Saute mixture until onions are softened and mushrooms have begun to shrink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour soup over the pork chops and mix gently until combined. Cover, reduce heat to low, and allow the pork chops to simmer 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Serving suggestion: Green beans and mashed or smashed potatoes.
Time saving tip: If you can, buy mushrooms presliced at your grocery store. They are already prepared for you!