SHARE ON FACEBOOK PIN ON PINTEREST SHARE ON TWITTER BLOOD ORANGE TEQUILA CHICKEN WITH AVOCADO BLACK BEAN SALAD
- 4 chicken breasts (I used boneless skinless)
- 3 blood oranges, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3/4 cup of tequila blanco
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 slices of pepper jack cheese
For Avocado Black Bean Salad:
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 1/2 limes
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large Ziploc bag or bowl, combine blood orange juice, lime juice, tequila, cilantro, jalapeno and salt and mix well. Add chicken breasts and marinate for at least 2 hours or over night (I marinated mine all day while at work).
- Heat grill to medium heat. Combine olive oil and minced garlic cloves in a small bowl and set aside. To make Avocado Black Bean salad, combine avocado, diced grape tomatoes, red onion, black beans, jalapeno, juice of 1 1/2 limes and cumin to a bowl and mix to combine. Don’t over mix, you want the avocado to remain chunky. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Brush olive oil and garlic mixture on chicken breasts. Grill chicken about 7 minutes per side, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F. Add one slice of pepper jack cheese to each chicken breast in last couple of minutes of cooking. Serve Blood Orange Tequila Chicken over Avocado Black Bean Salad and garnish with cilantro.