SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Prep Time: 15MINS / Cook Time : 7HOURS
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup Frank’s buffalo sauce, plus more to taste
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Blue cheese crumbles, for serving (optional)
- In a slow cooker, combine the uncooked chicken breasts, carrots, celery, yellow onion, garlic, ranch mix, buffalo sauce, and chicken broth. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, or until the chicken is easily shredded with a fork.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker, roughly shred so that large pieces still remain, and then chop into bite-sized chunks. Set aside.
- Taste and season the broth accordingly with salt, pepper, and additional buffalo sauce, if desired.
- Combine the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water to make a slurry. Stir the slurry into the slow cooker, and then add in the egg noodles and parsley. Cook for 10 additional minutes, or until the noodles are softened. (Note: if not serving the soup immediately, boil the noodles separately and add upon serving. The noodles will disintegrate if left in the slow cooker too long.)
- Stir the chicken back into the soup and serve. Top with blue cheese crumbles, if desired.