Strawberry cheesecake trifle
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounces each) instant cheesecake pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 large (16 ounces) pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups sliced fresh sliced strawberries, saving a few whole berries for
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- Sprig of fresh mint (optional)
- Toss together sliced strawberries with a few tablespoons of sugar and let sit for at least a half hour. In a large bowl beat together milk and pudding mixes until they start to thicken. Fold in the lemon zest and half of the whipped topping. In a trifle bowl or pretty clear glass bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, a third of the strawberries, and a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice ending with the pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate. Right before serving, spoon a “cloud” of the remaining whipped topping on top. Decorate the top with a few fresh whole or sliced strawberries and a mint sprig, if you want.
You can also make mini individual desserts by layering the ingredients in clean canning jars, clear glasses, parfait dishes, martini or wine glasses.