STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
- Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing or Easiest Balsamic Vinaigrette (see notes)
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought roasted pecans (see notes)
- 12 ounces baby spinach and mixed field greens mix
- 16 ounces strawberries quartered or sliced
Prepare Homemade Poppy Seed dressing or the Easiest Balsamic vinaigrette.
Combine spinach mix, strawberries, and pecans in a large bowl. Add salad dressing and toss until evenly coated.
To make the Poppy Seed Dressing, whisk together:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or light olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
To make the Easiest Balsamic Vinaigrette, whisk together:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
To toast the pecans in a dry skillet, heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add the pecans and toast until fragrant, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir often to prevent scorching.
To toast the pecans in butter, add 2 tablespoons butter to a small skillet over medium-high heat until the foaming subsides. Reduce heat to medium-low, add pecans, and toast until fragrant, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir often to prevent scorching.